Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Through constant feedback and discussion, GoldPRO settings for Halo Reach continuously strive to find the best settings possible for the competitive Halo community. V2 Out Now.

+5
TheTrueHaloMaster
Yoseph
Kurtiz
Masti101
Admin
9 posters

Sanctuary Thread

Admin
    Admin

Sanctuary Thread Empty Sanctuary Thread

Post  Admin Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:39 am

Sanctuary [T1] Description
    Masti101

Sanctuary Thread Empty Re: Sanctuary Thread

Post  Masti101 Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:05 am

This map is pretty rough with the GP settings. Last time I played it took about 20 minutes for the first cap to come in. Though I think I need to do some more testing to give a full opinion.

Kurtiz
    Kurtiz
    Admin

Post  Kurtiz Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:47 pm

While I believe things need to be tested over a long period of time (to allow players to learn the settings, what does/doesn't work etc), I think you may have a point.

H2 had fast kill times but due to bad hit rego the H2 BR was actually quite slow at range, meaning a lot of the open areas on Sanc were 'safe' because people couldnt do all that much damage to you from across map.
    With the 4sk bloomless DMR, players can deal large amounts of damage at any range, because hit rego is significantly better, making all areas a lot more dangerous to be in.

A solution to this would be to add more rocks in. In H2 the rocks were a lot higher/bigger, and there were a lot more of them which made traveling through rocks was a safe option because you had so much cover. Currently the rocks are quite small and there aren't very many, making rocks a dangerous place to be in.
    There were also rocks at bon and in front of snipe. I will look into adding some rocks to test for v2.
    Yoseph
    Admin

Post  Yoseph Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:32 am

I played ApK's sanc today on GP and it was fantastic. I'd like you to take a look at it Kurtiz, the scale allows for much faster gameplay, but the looks of it are lacking. The base design and such is just kinda bland.

I plan on releasing a test version of this smaller scale sanc soon, it was much more what we're looking for.
    Yoseph
    Admin

Post  Yoseph Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:04 pm

Sanctuary [T1] is the first test version of Sanctuary. It is built on a smaller scale and features grass. The smaller scale makes it more practical to capture flags. Ring 3 is accessible from Car side jump up. This has been released quickly as a reaction to the openness of our first v1 Sanc and the difficulty in capturing flags that goes with it. Thanks to ApK for providing us with a great solution quickly.
    TheTrueHaloMaster
    Admin

Post  TheTrueHaloMaster Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:59 pm

Yoseph wrote:Sanctuary [T1] is the first test version of Sanctuary. It is built on a smaller scale and features grass. The smaller scale makes it more practical to capture flags. Ring 3 is accessible from Car side jump up. This has been released quickly as a reaction to the openness of our first v1 Sanc and the difficulty in capturing flags that goes with it. Thanks to ApK for providing us with a great solution quickly.

can we remove grass?
    aPK
    aPK

Post  aPK Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:13 pm

TheTrueHaloMaster wrote:
    Yoseph wrote:Sanctuary [T1] is the first test version of Sanctuary. It is built on a smaller scale and features grass. The smaller scale makes it more practical to capture flags. Ring 3 is accessible from Car side jump up. This has been released quickly as a reaction to the openness of our first v1 Sanc and the difficulty in capturing flags that goes with it. Thanks to ApK for providing us with a great solution quickly.

can we remove grass?
    scratch

Why would you want to remove the grass? And don't tell me because of grenades. Just throw better grenades. Having to adjust your grenades depending on the map is part of map knowledge.
    aNesthet1K

Post  aNesthet1K Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:05 pm

aPK wrote:
    TheTrueHaloMaster wrote:

can we remove grass?
    scratch

Why would you want to remove the grass? And don't tell me because of grenades. Just throw better grenades. Having to adjust your grenades depending on the map is part of map knowledge.

Because of grenades. They need to bounce... There are just certain grenades you can't throw now, because they don't bounce on the grass.
    Sebastian
    Sebastian

Post  Sebastian Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:33 pm

Add floor in the certain spots where you want grenades to bounce?

That way you could use some of the browner objects for flooring like Staircases, XXLs, Bunker,Ramps or Brace,Tunnels. That might make the appearance more appealing.
    Kurtiz
    Kurtiz
    Admin

Post  Kurtiz Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:38 pm

Nah aPK is right, knowing what grenades you can/cant throw is just part of map knowledge; you aren't playing on MLG's Sanc anymore, so stop throwing grenades like you are.
    Sebastian
    Sebastian

Post  Sebastian Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:57 pm

Can we get some screenshots of this map? Or vids??

I'm at work, I want to take a look. Please no MLG forum links Smile
    weezing
    weezing

Post  weezing Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:29 pm

Just drop Sanctuary. No need to keep this one around, especially considering the 2 or 3 circuit-worthy retail maps we're getting with CEA. Retroactive, Hangar, and Oversoul are all better than this too.
    Yoseph
    Admin

Post  Yoseph Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:07 pm

I prefer grass, the color contrast and look is a big deal to me. I enjoy the map more because of it. Isn't that(in large) why we're looking forward to the CEA maps.
    weezing
    weezing

Post  weezing Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:58 pm

Yoseph wrote:I prefer grass, the color contrast and look is a big deal to me. I enjoy the map more because of it. Isn't that(in large) why we're looking forward to the CEA maps.

Not at the expense of having a good map to begin with. Sanctuary, in my book at least, is a boring, subpar map that was bland in Halo 2 and is total dogshit in Reach. I honestly would rather play just about any other MLG forge map we've seen so far.

CEA will bring its fair share of visual diversity. Between Zealot, Countdown, Dammy, and BC for sure, and could possibly make something of Prisoner, Hang Em High, or even another default map. I think we can stand to sacrifice some visual appeal for gameplay to round out the set.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:32 pm