Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Through constant feedback and discussion, GoldPRO settings for Halo Reach continuously strive to find the best settings possible for the competitive Halo community. V2 Out Now.

2 posters

OS with 5 second waypoint

Chef Linguini
    Chef Linguini
    Admin

OS with 5 second waypoint Empty OS with 5 second waypoint

Post  Chef Linguini Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:46 pm

I'm still diggin it. It renders the OS functionally static yet it still spawns dynamically. It's like zomg the best of both worlds. With the waypoint implemented movement speed could be left unchanged.
    Yoseph
    Admin

OS with 5 second waypoint Empty Re: OS with 5 second waypoint

Post  Yoseph Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:29 am

I don't like the terminology you use here Chef. Functionally it is still dynamic. It's just that both teams CAN know its exact spawn time even if they didn't see it picked up. I don't know if there is a term for this, I call it "fair" spawning vs "unfair", one team knowing more than the other.

I think the waypoint serves this function as well as makes for a nice nerf to invince and adds to the meta/mental game. I plan on releasing a test gametype with the waypoint soon along with some test maps.
    Chef Linguini
    Chef Linguini
    Admin

Post  Chef Linguini Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:35 am

Yoseph wrote:I don't like the terminology you use here Chef. Functionally it is still dynamic. It's just that both teams CAN know its exact spawn time even if they didn't see it picked up. I don't know if there is a term for this, I call it "fair" spawning vs "unfair", one team knowing more than the other.

I think the waypoint serves this function as well as makes for a nice nerf to invince and adds to the meta/mental game. I plan on releasing a test gametype with the waypoint soon along with some test maps.

Yes, the spawn times change. They are dynamic. But what I meant is that since both teams know when it spawns, it becomes just like a static spawn in that sense. But the neat thing about it is that the times change.

It being considered "static" is in an ideal situation. The other team may not always pick up on the waypoint. We're on the same page.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:19 am