Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Through constant feedback and discussion, GoldPRO settings for Halo Reach continuously strive to find the best settings possible for the competitive Halo community. V2 Out Now.

4 posters

Timers(weapons, powerups, AAs)

Yoseph
    Admin

Timers(weapons, powerups, AAs) Empty Timers(weapons, powerups, AAs)

Post  Yoseph Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:58 am

It is the current belief of the Gold Pro team that with the increased killing power of our utility weapon and therefore the increased pace of the game the timers of Power Items should be tested with proportional timer changes. Keep in mind games are moving faster and ending faster making Power Item occurrence less in every match. We also want to keep reasons for map movement constant during the game so that stand-offs and stalemates do not occur, faster respawning Power Items help accomplish this.

Some things being looked at...
    - 2min Rocket Launchers
    - 1min Powerups
    - 30sec drop spawned preferred pickup weapons(Sniper Rifle, Concussion Rifle, Shotgun) with only 1 clip
    - 1min(26s in forge) Armor Abilities: With no loadouts, Armor Abilities on maps as pick-ups are more desirable. This means that decreasing their appearance, and making their spawns more predictable is ideal.

Feel free to discuss thoughts/opinions.
    weezing
    weezing

Timers(weapons, powerups, AAs) Empty Re: Timers(weapons, powerups, AAs)

Post  weezing Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:08 pm

Drop spawns don't work if the timer is 60 seconds or less. The dropped weapons will just stack. If you're spawning something on 30 seconds there's really no reason to have it on a constant timer anyway. The two minute rockets (I like) should be the only drop weapon. Hopefully appearing on more maps.
    Masti101

Post  Masti101 Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:21 pm

I think Sniper spawning one minute is better, but I only played 30 sec sniper spawns in 2v2 priz scenarios so I'm not really sure.

Everything else seems kind of fine imo
    TheTrueHaloMaster
    Admin

Post  TheTrueHaloMaster Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:32 pm

Masti101 wrote:I think Sniper spawning one minute is better, but I only played 30 sec sniper spawns in 2v2 priz scenarios so I'm not really sure.

Everything else seems kind of fine imo

Ok, ok, might even update it straight away as part of a v1.1 update. Keep bringing ideas and feedback guys!
    Yoseph
    Admin

Post  Yoseph Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:24 pm

weezing wrote:Drop spawns don't work if the timer is 60 seconds or less. The dropped weapons will just stack. If you're spawning something on 30 seconds there's really no reason to have it on a constant timer anyway. The two minute rockets (I like) should be the only drop weapon. Hopefully appearing on more maps.
    I'm aware of the stacking effect, I like it because it makes sense, I don't want these weapons timed, just predictable. My biggest question is 30s or a bit more(like45s) the question being over occurance, this isn't a big deal when you have an effective all purpose utility weapon(4sk DMR) and maybe eventually the CEA pistol.
    Yoseph
    Admin

Post  Yoseph Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:30 pm

In light of the recent powerup controversy I think the only way to satisfy both sides(that both make valid points) is to eliminate the less than ideal and compromising powerups. Even if they are included I think there role in the settings' philosophy may take a reduction. So with this in mind I'd like to move forward with ideas on what the best spawn timers would be to promote movement.

My current thought is that a 2 minute rocket cycle is ideal and everything else should be based around that.

Sniper is probably the second most useful weapon in the game, on a 2 minute spawn with 2 clips it doesn't feel like there is enough sniper to go around. I think a 1 min 30s drop spawn sniper with 3 clips could be worthwile and promote necessary movement.

GL probably the 3rd - I'm thinking 1 minute drop spawn with 3 extra grenades(4 total)

These are all assuming the weapons are neutral and could be adjusted if we wanted to make them base specific. Thoughts?
    Yoseph
    Admin

Post  Yoseph Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:02 am

Guys, timers have been a topic under heavy scrutiny and for good reason. I would like for a bit of intelligent discussion about timers to begin here and I'll get the ball rolling. Please see the

Sandbox thread to check out current sandbox.

I'll throw out there that I have 2 thoughts on ideal timers. I believe most maps can support 2 power items(rockets and a powerup) and on a 2 min rocket timer and 1(dynamic) minute powerup. This leads to there always being something important to think about and keeps gameplay fast as people can't just post up and try to wreak havok with there 4sk DMR. Without this dynamic(3 min rocket 2 min powerup for example) I feel the 4sk could promote slowdowns on various maps. Not to mention a slower timer on powerups renders them not effective enough to even fill the role of a power weapon, so now we have 1 power weapon every 3 minutes.

I do think the 1, 2, 3 idea could work. 1min OS, 2min Snipe/GL, 3min Rocket. We tried to empower the snipe and treat it as a 1:30s powerup, it created chaos and sniper saturation. After much gametesting I'm certain that 12 bullets(3 clips) is ideal over the period of 2 minutes. But it makes no sense to put snipe on the same timer as rockets. Treating the snipe as a non power weapon I put it on a 40s 1 clip spawn timer. This leads to players being able to employ a multitude of strategies both with and for obtaining the sniper and prevents saturating of the weapon/ammo.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:14 am