Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Through constant feedback and discussion, GoldPRO settings for Halo Reach continuously strive to find the best settings possible for the competitive Halo community. V2 Out Now.

+4
bunniesz23
TheTrueHaloMaster
Chef Linguini
Hotagi
8 posters

There is one problem.

Hotagi

There is one problem. Empty There is one problem.

Post  Hotagi Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:15 am

I am 100% for uniting the community in testing ALL possibilities for competitive halo or creating the best out of Halo Reach. Though when I read around the main posts on the forums, you guys have already decided that the 4sk is THE best option already when the community has yet to test it. This seems like more of a ploy to get people to use the 4sk, then to unite the community to try new things to create the most competitive halo.

Now do not get me wrong. I think 4sk should be TESTED along side many other settings but you guys are wording it in a way that you will not try anything besides the 4sk, which will divide rather then unite.
    Chef Linguini
    Chef Linguini
    Admin

There is one problem. Empty Re: There is one problem.

Post  Chef Linguini Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:23 am

Hotagi wrote:I am 100% for uniting the community in testing ALL possibilities for competitive halo or creating the best out of Halo Reach. Though when I read around the main posts on the forums, you guys have already decided that the 4sk is THE best option already when the community has yet to test it. This seems like more of a ploy to get people to use the 4sk, then to unite the community to try new things to create the most competitive halo.

Now do not get me wrong. I think 4sk should be TESTED along side many other settings but you guys are wording it in a way that you will not try anything besides the 4sk, which will divide rather then unite.

Hey, first of all, thanks for your feedback.

Now I hope I'm not stepping on any of the other founders' feet here, but if we get 51% pro 5sk, it will change. If we get great arguments in favor of 5sk, we will listen. Nothing is set in stone.

We decided to start with 4sk because we believe it to be the best. If testing and feedback show otherwise, GoldPRO will change accordingly.
    TheTrueHaloMaster
    Admin

Post  TheTrueHaloMaster Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:24 am

Hotagi wrote:I am 100% for uniting the community in testing ALL possibilities for competitive halo or creating the best out of Halo Reach. Though when I read around the main posts on the forums, you guys have already decided that the 4sk is THE best option already when the community has yet to test it. This seems like more of a ploy to get people to use the 4sk, then to unite the community to try new things to create the most competitive halo.

We have presented arguments as to why we went with 4sk with v1. However, I think it was ChefLinguini who expressed that if the majority of people want 5sk, then of course 5sk it is. But we were at a difficult decision-making phase for v1, not knowing how much new stuff there should be compared to v6. We ultimately went with what we think was most competitive, but it's all in the community's hands tbqh.
    bunniesz23

Post  bunniesz23 Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:27 am

TheTrueHaloMaster wrote:

We have presented arguments as to why we went with 4sk with v1. However, I think it was ChefLinguini who expressed that if the majority of people want 5sk, then of course 5sk it is. But we were at a difficult decision-making phase for v1, not knowing how much new stuff there should be compared to v6. We ultimately went with what we think was most competitive, but it's all in the community's hands tbqh.

You guys are giving me so much more optimism for this than I had initially.
    Hotagi

Post  Hotagi Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:36 am

Glad to hear that. The reason I express this concern is because I believe both the 4sk and 5sk should be tested accordingly because there are a lot of different factors to account for.

For example lets take in the fact of how in Reach the hit boxes are the biggest in any halo by far. This (I believe) was designed for bloom in mind. Sadly CEA is using the Reach engine and therefore we can not mimic Halo: CE completely. I feel if we try to mimic CE as close as possible, it will actually hurt everything because the games engines were created with two different mind sets.

Edit: Also thanks for greeting me to the forums <3. I also hope I do not sound like a dick haha.

Last edited by Hotagi on Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    Chef Linguini
    Chef Linguini
    Admin

Post  Chef Linguini Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:48 am

Hotagi wrote:Glad to hear that. The reason I express this concern is because I believe both the 4sk and 5sk should be tested accordingly because there are a lot of different factors to account for.

For example lets take in the fact of how in Reach the hit boxes are the biggest in any halo by far. This (I believe) was designed for bloom in mind. Sadly CEA is using the Reach engine and therefore we can not mimic Halo: CE completely. I feel if we try to mimic CE as close as possible, it will actually hurt everything because the games engines were created with two different mind sets.

You sir, hit the nail right on the head. I'd have to unfortunately agree with you. 4sk may simply be too easy. Average kill times may become too close to the minimum kill time, decreasing skill gap. But I think we need to test more before we can say anything definitively. I really like what 4sk offers and how much power it gives to the individual.
    Hotagi

Post  Hotagi Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:56 am

Chef Linguini wrote:
    Hotagi wrote:Glad to hear that. The reason I express this concern is because I believe both the 4sk and 5sk should be tested accordingly because there are a lot of different factors to account for.

You sir, hit the nail right on the head. I'd have to unfortunately agree with you. 4sk may simply be too easy. Average kill times may become too close to the minimum kill time, decreasing skill gap. But I think we need to test more before we can say anything definitively. I really like what 4sk offers and how much power it gives to the individual.

Added a last minute edit there but I'll repeat. Thanks for greeting me <3.

OT: Most definitely! The power is truly amazing but like you have stated, maybe too much power? More testing shall ensue! <3. Though right now the more more I play both I'm leaning towards 5sk because of the size of the HB. From what I have seen so far is that players are similar in skill with the 4sk but when you add the 5sk in the mix, the skill gap slowly widens.
    CrazyRazr

Post  CrazyRazr Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:40 pm

Isn't there a problem with 5sk. Where even the slightest bit of damage causes the dmr to be a 4sk? If there is no way to fix that, then I think we should keep the 4sk to keep things consistent.
    Masti101

Post  Masti101 Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:17 pm

If you guys can you should try getting some pros to seriously play these settings, see if 4sk is really to easy or not.
    Baykem
    Baykem

Post  Baykem Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:08 pm

CrazyRazr wrote:Isn't there a problem with 5sk. Where even the slightest bit of damage causes the dmr to be a 4sk? If there is no way to fix that, then I think we should keep the 4sk to keep things consistent.
    Actually no, its beacause there is headshot bleed-through, so if an opponent has low health, you can get a 4sk.
    Sultxn
    Sultxn

Post  Sultxn Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:32 pm

Baykem wrote:
    CrazyRazr wrote:Isn't there a problem with 5sk. Where even the slightest bit of damage causes the dmr to be a 4sk? If there is no way to fix that, then I think we should keep the 4sk to keep things consistent.
    Actually no, its beacause there is headshot bleed-through, so if an opponent has low health, you can get a 4sk.

No, Razr is right, if your shield is down even the slightest bit, you become a 4sk even with full health. If you are full shields, you are still a 5sk.

Also...
    -100 damage / 100 damage resistance = 5 headshots, 7 bodyshots (MLG's zero bloom settings)

-90 damage / 90 damage resistance = 5 headshots, 8 bodyshots
    -100 damage / 110 damage resistance = 5 headshots, 8 bodyshots

I'm pretty sure those 2 settings help fix the issue, if people are looking for 5sk.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:08 am