Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Through constant feedback and discussion, GoldPRO settings for Halo Reach continuously strive to find the best settings possible for the competitive Halo community. V2 Out Now.

2 posters

v2 Maps/Gametypes

Controlix

v2 Maps/Gametypes Empty v2 Maps/Gametypes

Post  Controlix Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:57 pm

Are you going to continue to use the same maps as MLG or are you going to have a submission process similar to MLG's map testing?

Also, Are you going to try to re-incorporate Ball back into rotation? How are Bomb game types looking?

I know this is literately my first post, and i probably won't have as much pull as some of the people who have started this adventure, but I do feel as if you need to bring back bomb and ball, for more variety.

If you are going to have a map submission process, I say post it in the thread as to how you are going to do each step/phase of the entire process so every one knows that they are getting a fair chance and instead of just cutting maps for the hell of it, give a rational reasoning behind why you cut the map.

And if you read any of this post in an angry german voice, cool your jets bro. Just some friendly suggestions from a fellow member. If for some reason you did read it in an angry german voice, please re read it in a peter griffin voice.

Yoseph
    Admin

v2 Maps/Gametypes Empty Re: v2 Maps/Gametypes

Post  Yoseph Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:01 pm

Controlix wrote:Are you going to continue to use the same maps as MLG or are you going to have a submission process similar to MLG's map testing?

Also, Are you going to try to re-incorporate Ball back into rotation? How are Bomb game types looking?

I know this is literately my first post, and i probably won't have as much pull as some of the people who have started this adventure, but I do feel as if you need to bring back bomb and ball, for more variety.

If you are going to have a map submission process, I say post it in the thread as to how you are going to do each step/phase of the entire process so every one knows that they are getting a fair chance and instead of just cutting maps for the hell of it, give a rational reasoning behind why you cut the map.

And if you read any of this post in an angry german voice, cool your jets bro. Just some friendly suggestions from a fellow member. If for some reason you did read it in an angry german voice, please re read it in a peter griffin voice.

Developer created maps will get priority competitive testing and only if proven broken will a forge map replace a dev map/gametype as our Official competitive standards in the future.

That said GoldPRO will support forge maps in every way we can, just not as competitive standards unless there are no other choices.

Currently Slayer, CTF, and Hill are the only gametypes available with ZB. As soon as more become available they will get testing in GoldPRO.
    Controlix

Post  Controlix Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:38 am

That makes sense. Developer maps have very little to no frame rate so they are more ideal for competitive play. If a forge map does in fact play better than a current map then I would say it should be highly considered over the current map even if it is a forge map.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:32 pm