Through constant feedback and discussion, GoldPRO settings for Halo Reach continuously strive to find the best settings possible for the competitive Halo community. V2 Out Now.


    Ideas for V2 settings

    Share

    TheTrueHaloMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2011-10-18

    Re: Ideas for V2 settings

    Post  TheTrueHaloMaster on Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:28 pm

    Smacky_Smacky wrote:I think in Slayer gametypes the OS can have the 5 second waypoint and invincibility but in flag or other objective gametypes this should be removed and the OS should be burnable, otherwise these five seconds could be used to hold the oddball completely uncontested or to take part in a flag run of some kind. I would rather have the OS be burnt than have it be abused in an objective setting.

    A lot of people are calling for MLG's dmg resistance powerup set at 300% (no shield recharge perhaps?). We will work on that for v2. Great having you stop by by the way!
    Sultxn
    Sultxn

    Posts : 17
    Join date : 2011-10-23
    Location : ON

    Re: Ideas for V2 settings

    Post  Sultxn on Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:54 am

    TheTrueHaloMaster wrote:
    Smacky_Smacky wrote:I think in Slayer gametypes the OS can have the 5 second waypoint and invincibility but in flag or other objective gametypes this should be removed and the OS should be burnable, otherwise these five seconds could be used to hold the oddball completely uncontested or to take part in a flag run of some kind. I would rather have the OS be burnt than have it be abused in an objective setting.

    A lot of people are calling for MLG's dmg resistance powerup set at 300% (no shield recharge perhaps?). We will work on that for v2. Great having you stop by by the way!

    Again, the 300% is essentially like 1 extra layer of shields, and I'm not sure if people realize this or not. 8 headshots kill OS.
    avatar
    Itisamuh

    Posts : 2
    Join date : 2011-10-24

    Re: Ideas for V2 settings

    Post  Itisamuh on Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:52 am

    I like what you guys are doing, for the most part, for sure. But just to chime in with my own input, I really think the concussive rifle needs to stay out of competitive play. The weapon is simply annoying. Not really overpowered, just annoying. It is really frustrating to be killed by it, similar to a needler, because it takes no real aiming skill on their part and completely locks you down. I agree with bringing the shotgun back for sure, and agree with having faster timers on power weapons and power ups. I agree with removing sprint and evade while increasing default run speed, and I think four shot kill is the way to go. Trying out the concussive rifle is the only angle so far that has even been brought up that I wholeheartedly disagree with. Anyway, keep it up guys.
    Sultxn
    Sultxn

    Posts : 17
    Join date : 2011-10-23
    Location : ON

    Re: Ideas for V2 settings

    Post  Sultxn on Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:01 am

    Yes, the concussion rifle is one of the most annoying guns to get hit with for sure.

    Regarding the shotgun, I was thinking maybe it shouldn't be on a drop-spawn. What if we just set the max value to however many are on the map (ie. max 2 on Sanctuary), give it one spare clip, and set the respawn time short (might as well be 1 sec). That way one guy on each team can grab shotty, but there will never be more than 2 on the map, and when he wants it to respawn, he drops the empty one. Or if you are putting focus rifles in, maybe treat the shotty the same as them. The way it is now, I could grab shotty just before the spawn time, then my teammate could grab another one 2 seconds later.
    Chef Linguini
    Chef Linguini
    Admin

    Posts : 153
    Join date : 2011-10-18

    Re: Ideas for V2 settings

    Post  Chef Linguini on Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:41 am

    Sultxn wrote:Yes, the concussion rifle is one of the most annoying guns to get hit with for sure.

    Regarding the shotgun, I was thinking maybe it shouldn't be on a drop-spawn. What if we just set the max value to however many are on the map (ie. max 2 on Sanctuary), give it one spare clip, and set the respawn time short (might as well be 1 sec). That way one guy on each team can grab shotty, but there will never be more than 2 on the map, and when he wants it to respawn, he drops the empty one. Or if you are putting focus rifles in, maybe treat the shotty the same as them. The way it is now, I could grab shotty just before the spawn time, then my teammate could grab another one 2 seconds later.

    Yeah good point about the shotty. If teams are actually going after it (and I'm sure they would once the metagame develops) the gun becomes a little too prevalent. A max of 2 sounds like a good idea.
    avatar
    fanatic66

    Posts : 1
    Join date : 2011-10-30

    Re: Ideas for V2 settings

    Post  fanatic66 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:58 pm

    How does the shotgun work out? Is it fairly balanced with 4stk or too weak so there's no incentive to pick it up?
    AkaDemiK
    AkaDemiK

    Posts : 8
    Join date : 2011-11-05

    Re: Ideas for V2 settings

    Post  AkaDemiK on Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:58 pm

    is V2 out yet? I saw a post in the GP thread in General Discussion implying that they were finished.
    avatar
    TheTrueHaloMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2011-10-18

    Re: Ideas for V2 settings

    Post  TheTrueHaloMaster on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:28 pm

    AkaDemiK wrote:is V2 out yet? I saw a post in the GP thread in General Discussion implying that they were finished.

    We have decided on most of the changes, but we are still debating a couple things. (Zealot, for example). And I am pushing for a Damnation remake for v2. It's been slow because Yoseph/Kurtiz haven't actualized some of the changes yet. I know though that Sanctuary is ready.
    AkaDemiK
    AkaDemiK

    Posts : 8
    Join date : 2011-11-05

    Re: Ideas for V2 settings

    Post  AkaDemiK on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:37 pm

    TheTrueHaloMaster wrote:
    AkaDemiK wrote:is V2 out yet? I saw a post in the GP thread in General Discussion implying that they were finished.

    We have decided on most of the changes, but we are still debating a couple things. (Zealot, for example). And I am pushing for a Damnation remake for v2. It's been slow because Yoseph/Kurtiz haven't actualized some of the changes yet. I know though that Sanctuary is ready.

    what changes have been made so far?
    Kurtiz
    Kurtiz
    Admin

    Posts : 136
    Join date : 2011-10-18

    Re: Ideas for V2 settings

    Post  Kurtiz on Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:00 am

    -300% OS
    -1:30 spawn timers for shotty/snipes/gl
    -1:00 spawn timer for powerups
    -2:00 spawn timer for rockets
    -flag movement speed 100%
    -Rocks added to sanc by bon and snipe ramp like H2, to make it more possible to run flags safely
    -Dynamic spawns in sanc ts

    those are confirmed so far
    Sultxn
    Sultxn

    Posts : 17
    Join date : 2011-10-23
    Location : ON

    Re: Ideas for V2 settings

    Post  Sultxn on Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:45 am

    Kurtiz wrote:-300% OS
    -1:30 spawn timers for shotty/snipes/gl
    -1:00 spawn timer for powerups
    -2:00 spawn timer for rockets
    -flag movement speed 100%
    -Rocks added to sanc by bon and snipe ramp like H2, to make it more possible to run flags safely
    -Dynamic spawns in sanc ts

    those are confirmed so far

    -Will focus rifle be 1:30 as well?
    -So you went with the 8sk OS?
    -Since shotgun is now 1:30, hopefully you ignore my point about the "max 2" and keep the max value high, so that it respawns consistently.
    -Looking forward to v2 Smile Thanks for the effort
    avatar
    TheTrueHaloMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2011-10-18

    Re: Ideas for V2 settings

    Post  TheTrueHaloMaster on Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:02 pm

    Sultxn wrote:
    Kurtiz wrote:-300% OS
    -1:30 spawn timers for shotty/snipes/gl
    -1:00 spawn timer for powerups
    -2:00 spawn timer for rockets
    -flag movement speed 100%
    -Rocks added to sanc by bon and snipe ramp like H2, to make it more possible to run flags safely
    -Dynamic spawns in sanc ts

    those are confirmed so far

    -Will focus rifle be 1:30 as well?
    No focus rifle, at least not yet.
    -So you went with the 8sk OS?

    To placate people. We did not get the chance to test a lot of ideas, including your suggestions and Kurtiz's old OS. We will get to test this out for v2, see the flaws, get feedback, then look into it for v3 which should be very very soon considering CEA is coming out.

    -Since shotgun is now 1:30, hopefully you ignore my point about the "max 2" and keep the max value high, so that it respawns consistently.
    No, we did talk about having the max run time and not have it on drop spawn. We just want to get v2 out now and a lot of people were busy, so while there will be a lot of improvement for this, things are still not set in stone.

    -Looking forward to v2 Smile Thanks for the effort
    Thank you for the support and the important points you brought up on a number of subject. I personally really did and agreed with much of what you wrote.
    aPK
    aPK

    Posts : 8
    Join date : 2011-10-22
    Location : Madison, WI

    Re: Ideas for V2 settings

    Post  aPK on Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:10 pm

    TheTrueHaloMaster wrote:Sanctuary is ready.
    Question

    scratch
    AkaDemiK
    AkaDemiK

    Posts : 8
    Join date : 2011-11-05

    Re: Ideas for V2 settings

    Post  AkaDemiK on Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:01 am

    Nice job fellas. I'm loving the changes and tweaks you guys made for v2.

    However, you have a spawn point missing on sanctuary. There is a spawn missing from Red team's "health rock". You have three surrounding blue teams "health rock" and only two on red side.
    AkaDemiK
    AkaDemiK

    Posts : 8
    Join date : 2011-11-05

    Re: Ideas for V2 settings

    Post  AkaDemiK on Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:53 pm

    Hey guys, Keep up the good work. I had an idea for a single weapon/powerup layout for countdown.

    Countdown CTF/Slayer:

    Sniper at Big Door

    Rockets Balcony

    OS at S2

    What do you guys think?

    Sponsored content

    Re: Ideas for V2 settings

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:54 am